The world as we know it has changed significantly during the time of the global pandemic. Across the globe, people are staying home to stay safe. At an unprecedented speed, meetings, workshops, and entire conferences were moved from offline to online. But how do you plan and host impactful online events? How does networking and enabling human connections work in the virtual world? What are the best technologies and tools to achieve our goals and how to make a choice? And how do we best document online meetings?
Through our own experience we have built robust practices which enable us to support our partners in civil society and philanthropy to move their activities to the online sphere. Should you need support or advice in this area, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Rhythm is life: set a fixed time for weekly/daily meetings
- Quick and Beautiful: max. 90min sessions
- Better together: 2 facilitators/hosts for long sessions
- Check the tech: be there 3min early, explain features (mute, raise hand, reactions, etc.)
- Welcome!: take time to check in with everyone
- Visualize: agenda, breakout questions, etc.
- Use Breakouts: interactive, foster deep exchange among participants
- Keep it moving: energizer, stretching
- Keep it simple: formats that suit the virtual space, e.g. interview
- Sharing is caring: use chat or shared doc to collect ressources and ideas
Ideas for hosting fun online experiences (external):
To operate in a volatile and complex environment we require appropriate strategies. Use these tools to find the right strategy for your organization.
Staying Active With New Attitudes
Organizational development in a foundation can only succeed when the employees actively support it. Therefore, a key factor for success is to closely accompany change with HR development measures.